Thursday 31 January 2013

Mail Me Art

I'm honoured to have been invited to take part in the third Mail Me Art event being organised by Little Chimp Society supremo Darren Di Lieto. The idea is that selected artists and illustrators create a piece of art on the outside of a c5 envelope, then mail it, naked, exposed and unwrapped, to Darren.
The art is then shown in various locations and reproduced in a gorgeous book of art, the profits from the sale of which go to three charities.
See HERE for details.

On a whim, I thought mermaids would be nice. I don't think I ever painted a mermaid, so it'd be an adventure for me too.

First of all I needed to find my mermaid. This first one came out cute enough but a little too Chris Sanders I think.


As I drew a few more, I decided on a 'mean mermaids' angle, so I could have a little fun with it.
This felt more 'mine'.

More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment