Friday 21 March 2014

Coming up for air

In October 2013 I was contacted by a new client asking if I'd like to illustrate an American Folk Tale.
21 Illustrations to be delivered Feb 28 2014.
My schedule was accommodating enough and I'd never tackled any classic American tales, so I accepted the commission.
The contract is quite binding, but I had it adjusted so I can share some of the details and images here.
An enjoyable project that gathered momentum right up to the moment I delivered the final image a week before the deadline. The book is scheduled for release in Q3 2014. I should be able to share more info then.

I don't know if I'm just lucky, but in recent years I've been blessed with the most wonderful of clients. Polite, efficient, communicative and a joy to work with.

Here are a few of images from the project that has had my face pressed to the drawing board in recent months.

By the way - Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment